2020 Winter Season Cancelled
Due to COVID-19 the 2020 Melbourne Winter Baseball season has been cancelled
All information for our junior program for boys and girls is listed below. At this stage, we require you to register your children to ensure they can train - click on this link, choose the Research link and register your children. This works best using Google Chrome.
2020 Research Lower Plenty Roadrunner Winter Boys and Girls Baseball Season
Ideal for boys and girls aged 7-17 in Banyule (including Lower Plenty, Montmorency, Greensborough, Greenhills, Diamond Creek, Briar Hill), Nillumbik (Diamond Creek, St Helena, Eltham, Hursbridge), Whittlesea (Doreen, Epping, Mernda, Mill Park, South Morang, Thomastown, Wollert) and Manningham councils (Bulleen, Doncaster, Ringwood, Templestowe) in Victoria! Players from
Click here to register to join our training sessions.
The Roadrunner Junior baseball program offers the opportunity for boys and girls and their families to be part of the Research Lower Plenty Baseball Club, which has been around for 64 years.
- Qualified adult baseball coaches (most are Level III accredited) who are current and experienced baseball players and/or coaches.
- Place the emphasis on team, skill and individual development. They are there to build the confidence and life skills of your children using baseball as its framework.
- Are mandated to have Working with Children Accreditation. No exceptions.
- All families are invited to come to any of our training session to have a go, get a feel for our club and ask any questions.
- Training is scheduled as is:
- Under 11's and Under 13's train on Tuesdays from 530pm - 7pm.
- Under 15's train on Wednesdays from 530pm - 7pm.
- Under 17's train with our seniors on Thursdays from 530pm - 7pm.
- All training is held at our home baseball field - Glenauburn Park, Lower Plenty on Cavanagh Road, Lower Plenty - click here for google map.
- Our first game of the season will be Saturday, July 11th
- Games are played on Saturday mornings and start at 9am. We ask for all players to be ready for a warm-up at 815am or as advised by the coaches.
- Junior baseball games typically take 1.5 hours and end by 10:30am.
- U11’s – Elder Street Reserve, 4 Manfred Street, Watsonia (hosted at the Greensborough Baseball Club)
- U13’s – Banyule Flats, 38 Somerset Drive, Viewbank (See map below).
- U15’s – Home and Away series against other clubs in the North East.
- U17’s – Home and Away series against other clubs in the North East.
Who can play?
- Any family, boys or girls who are looking to be part of a great sport and a great family club.
- It does not matter where you live – you can join our club. We typically have players from many suburbs, including Montmorency, Lower Plenty, Research, Eltham, Briar Hill, Greensborough, Rosanna, Macleod, Viewbank, Hursbridge, Epping, South Morang, Doncaster and Mill Park.
- Click here to register to join our training sessions.
Inclusions and costs
Registration fees include three portions – club fees, Baseball Australia and Baseball Victoria Fees.
- We are still awaiting direction from Baseball Australia and Baseball Victoria on national and state fees. Once we are advised we will confirm what final state, national and club fees.
- Club fees cover the provision of equipment, players insurance, clubroom facilities leased through Banyule City Council, and incidentals such as participation trophies for younger players.
- Registration fees for 2020 Juniors are not yet finalised, but to give you an indication, last year for a full season they were:
- Club Fees
- $130 Juniors
- $180 Juniors Playing Seniors (if you are 14 or older, you can choose to play both juniors and seniors)
- Baseball Australia (BA) and Baseball Victoria (BV) fees were approximately:
- ~$78.00 for juniors playing winter season in U13/U15/U17 leagues
- ~$40.00 for juniors who played summer and winter season this year
- ~$50.00 for juniors who are U11 for the winter season
- ~$88.22 For Juniors who play Juniors and Seniors during the winter
- Note: We anticipate fees being prorated based on the number of games we can play. It is anticipated we will play 70% of a full season and will confirm as soon as we can.
Club tops and hats can be purchased from the club in the clubhouse.
White baseball pants are required (cricket pants are fine too). If you want to go all-in, you could also grab a maroon baseball belt and maroon socks.
All players are required to wear a protective cup and all players are required to purchase their own helmet. Helmets can range from $30 and up.
Pants, other uniform pieces and equipment can be purchased at stores such as Ausport, K2 or Fielders Choice.
Click here to register to join our training sessions.
We always have been and will continue to be a not for profit club and all funds generated through grant applications, fundraising, sponsorships are reinvested back into the club for the benefit of our members.
Would you like to be added to our database to find out more about our Summer Junior and Tball Smash Program?
- We also run a summer baseball program, including Tball Smash (5-8 year olds), Friday Night Baseball (9-12 year olds) and Little League competitions for children 8-18.
- If you are interested in receiving information about our summer program (which starts in September), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our winter junior baseball program, please use the contacts below: