Tentative season start for Seniors will Be Sat July 25th - watch this space for further updates.
We are currently training and all new players - men and women - are invited to have a go, meet the rest of the players and get a good feel for our club.
Thursday Nights 5.30-7.00PM
We train at Glenauburn Park in Lower Plenty... click here for google map.
Due to COVID 19, all players must register before they can commence training. TClick here to register to join our training sessions.
To train there is no cost. Once we get more details on when the season will start, we will confirm Baseball Victoria, Baseball Australia and club fees.
Have any questions?
You can contact club coach Ryan Mitchell for further information 0406 998 016 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The details below are from 2019 and give you an idea of how our club operates.
The Roadrunner Winter Senior baseball program offers the opportunity for men and women and their families to be part of the Research Lower Plenty Baseball Club, which has been around for 64 years.
Once again, we will be competing in the Melbourne Winter Baseball League in Division 1 with an A1 team, A reserves and a 3's and 4's team. Men and women are encouraged to play.
2019 Training Plan
- Club training will take place on Thursday nights. Optional bullpen's and batting practice will be available on Tuesdays, supported by our club coach.
- Our first training will take place in early March - stay tuned for the date of the first training.
- Training is held at our home baseball field - Glenauburn Park, Lower Plenty on Cavanagh Road, Lower Plenty -
click here for google map.
- Our first game of the season will be Saturday, April 6th 2019.
- Played on Saturday afternoons, start times depend on which squad you are selected to. Games begin at 12:15pm and 2:50pm.
- Vary in location depending on who we play.
Who can play?
- Any male or female aged 14 or over who are looking to be part of a great sport and a great family club.
- It does not matter where you live – you can join our club. We typically have players from many suburbs, including Montmorency, Lower Plenty, Research, Eltham, Briar Hill, Greensborough, Rosanna, Macleod, Viewbank, Hursbridge, Epping, South Morang, Doncaster and Mill Park.
Registration fees include three portions – club fees, Baseball Australia and Baseball Victoria Fees.
We always have been and will continue to be a not for profit club and all funds generated through grant applications, fund raising, sponsorships are reinvested back into the the club for the benefit of our members.
Uniform tops and hats also need to be purchased and typically cost $85 for both, which are yours to keep.
Interested in learning more?
If you are interested in learning more, please contact:
Don McKay, Director of Senior Baseball
0404 881 423
Do you have children who would like to play baseball?
We offer one of the top junior programs in our region for players aged 6-18. For more information contact: